[ZWeb] zopenews

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:16:58 -0500

hi maik

a month might be a more reasonable target but I am shooting for every 2
weeks for several reasons:

1. things that happen less often than every 1 or 2 weeks seem to fall off
people's radar screens. 1 month is a long time on the net.

2. If we shoot for 2 weeks then it will definitely happen at the latest
every month. If we shoot for every month, maybe it will happen every 2 or 3
months.

3. Long news'es like the last one are just too long. Many of us zope
enthusiasts will read most of it, but those who are not hard core will not
read it all. Communication, especially on the internet, needs to be
bite-sized - and it needs to come often.

4. I would actually like to have zope news happen daily, in a weblog-ish
format that is friendly to multiple contributors who can self-service
contribute as little as one news item and as many as they want/can. (this
would also be a nice display of how zope can be used to make, admin and
serve a multi-user, teamwork, groupware, blog app.)

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net