[ZWeb] Upcoming events, and removing the news

mark @ zopemag mark@zopemag.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:55:02 +0200

Hello George,  zope-web list,

> [mark @ zopemag wrote (mark@zopemag.com) on 4/12/03 8:04 AM]
>
> > Is anybody working on the next edition? Why is it so difficult to publish
> > this regularly.
> > Is there an editor for the Zope News? I see that several individual
> > people are listed
> > as having compiled the last entry.
>
> I'm the nominal "first-guy-to-shoot". ;)
>
> I'm not working on a new edition atm, tho, I am interested in doing it.

Well first of all thank you for having worried about putting up previous
editions of the
Zope (monthly/quarterly) News! I have appreciated each edition.

> It is "difficult" to to publish regularly bc few people are interested in
> the job, bc it takes some serious time and effort, bc we are all busy and bc
> we don't have a good workflow, space or system for incrementally building up
> a zope news issue.

Hmm. let me think about this and figure out how we might be able to help.

> I'd like to setup a kind of weblog where people can submit their writeups
> and that will enable us to do the news in a "bite-size" fashion and
> therefore the task for the individual person would be less daunting, but
> whenever I bring this up, people say that that's what ZopeZen is doing and
> there's no need to duplicate.

ZopeZen does a great job of announcing little tidbits but clearly the format
is different. Its really nice to have a summary of things going on -- not just
the individual news bits.

> so that's where we're at. :)

thanks for the update ;-)

Mark

ZopeMag - the only (online) Magazine devoted to Zope