[ZWeb] More nzo remarks

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:56:19 +0100 (CET)

Great to see a lot of my previous comments implemented!
(e.g. ValidXHTML, DOCTYPE, etc).

Some more remarks:
- There is some space on the left of the zope logo in IE6, which
looks a bit ugly. I tried changing the order of the HTML to
logo,tabs,searchBox, but this didn't fix the problem. I might have a
look at it later.

- I think "report bugs" is better placed under Community than About Zope

- I think the length of the left navigation should be shortened, e.g.
  remove/cluster some items under Docs. My sugesstion:
	Docs
		Administration Guide
		Articles
		Books (The Zope Book, and Books in Print)
		Developer Guide
		How-To's
		Reference (API, ZPT, DTML)

	Download
		Zope
		Products (Products by category, All products)

- Maybe add a "Roadmap" link under "About Zope", linking to a (wiki)page
  which describes when the next version of Zope is expected (and the
  difference between Zope2 and Zope3, etc).

- I think the explanation of the different audiences takes up
  too much screen space.
  What about displaying the remark when the user hovers over the
  hyperlink, e.g. <a href="..." title="New to Zope but familiar with
  website programming. ">.

- Put a Zope exits box on the homepage (but where ;), linking to
ZopeZen, Plone and other good Zope sites. This would also increase
the Google PageRank of those sites.

Regards,

PieterB