[ZWeb] Re: Zope.net

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:05:30 -0700

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 02:22  AM, Paul Everitt wrote:

> It seems that you, Kapil, George, and I are talking about some of the
> same ideas.  I took a few minutes this morning to write up a proposal:
>
>   http://www.zope-europe.org/articles/200301/czolinkbase
>
> Never mind the fonts, I thought I was smarter than Plone and
> experimented with my own fonts.  Time to revert (or better, use
> Jeffrey's font approach at Industrie Toulouse).
>
> And good god, how much longer will we be stuck with STX-NG?  It rarely
> does what I expect.  On this document it turned a line that said:
>
>   George added:
>
> into a heading.  To fix I had to do this:
>
>   George
>   added:
>
> Does that seem natural?  Bleh.  Suckage.  I suppose nzo will still
> inflict STX-NG on us?

Maybe it's time to propose reStructuredText support.  Andreas did some
work to add reStructuredText to Zope 2.7, but I don't know if his work
has been officially accepted, nor if it's really flexible enough for
reST.  Richard Jones' ZReST document has some odd behaviors (certain
reStructuredText rules don't work) that I was somehow able to duplicate
when monkey patching CMF to allow text-handling via small Handler
components.

Anyways, it's rules are much clearer.  Like you, I still get surprised
by STX-NG's indentation rules.  And how long have we been using it?  I
still can't get a code snippet right on first try.  Ugh.

--
Jeffrey Shell
http://www.lomohomes.com/aodl