[ZWeb] Re: [Zope-Annce] NZO Alpha2 Announcement

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:50:05 +0200

On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 18:40 Europe/Paris, seb bacon wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 17:16, Paul Everitt wrote:
>> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Im announcing that the Alpha2 of NZO is ready, and can be found at
>>> http://dev.nzo.zope.org
>>
>> This release looks really, really strong!  I've filed a few issues
>> already, but here are some more general questions:
>>
>> 1) Relevance ranking.  This was the number one complaint in Seb's
>> survey.  Some quick tests imply that the search results are better,
>> but
>> I'm curious if this is accidental or intentional.  Will nzo have
>> better
>> search results than czo?
>>
>> 2) Caching/Apache.  It appears that alpha2 is direct-to-Zope.  Will
>> the
>> beta, or the final, sit behind Apache/mod_proxy, Squid, or neither?
>
> I'd add, are there load testing frameworks ready to see how it hangs
> together under "real" conditions?

I think that Richard Jones has one.  There's also one in Sourceforge,
written in Python, that was presented at O'Reilly.  Tres also has
something, which also fed Shane's tcpwatch.

Some of these are for functional testing, not load testing.

--Paul