[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Zope News

R. David Murray rdmurray+dated+1049214371.f56347@bitdance.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:26:09 -0500

"Will Poulson (via www.zope.org)" <goliath@phxarts.com> wrote:
>We are considering the ZOPE product for use on our webserver, and
>were a little curious about the level of effort going into it's
>upkeep.
>
>We noticed the website news hadn't been updated in a while and we
>weren't seeing any specific evidence of developement.
>
>Your product looks excellent, and seems to have a lot of nice tie
>ins, but I just wanted to ask a little about it's status.

Zope has a large and very active development community.  Development
of the next major version (Zope 3) is well under way, as well as
work on the next minor release (Zope 2.7).

For reasons too long to go in to, the current zope web site doesn't
have the same kind of community input that zope itself does.  We're
fixing that, and a new version of the web site will be released
before too long.

In the meantime, check out the mailing lists.

--RDM