[ZWeb] ZHP PAge

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 04:25:01 EDT 2004

Hi Ben,

Ben Arwin wrote:

> The page that had the incorrect email address listed is here:
> http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZHP/.  Near the bottom it says:

Well, taking my cue from the large banner near the top of that page
saying "This is going away soon", ZHP is now gone.

Removing it from the menu was an absolute PITA. This is directed at
zope-web where hopefully someone can enlighten me: Having spent half an
hour trying to figure out where that menu actually comes from, and
eventually finding it in portal_skins/custom/frontpage_menu_items, is it
any wonder we have a cripplingly slow site when there's about 5 layers
of indirection ending in a python script that builds a pretty hefty data
structure for EVERY PAGE RENDER?! I really hope no one was paid to build
that kind of brain deadedness!

> Is there a link with info on how to add the appropriate content object
> in my member folder to get a plug on the hoster's page?

I think figuring that out for yourself is part of the entry
qualification for the ZSP list...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk