[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Tue Aug 24 03:05:09 EDT 2004

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>> Indeed, and the sole purpose of my original mail to zope-web was to
>> elicit discussion, so, can anyone suggest a neutral set of guidelines
>> for what sites should appear in Zope Exits?
>>
>> I'd suggest:
>>
>> """
>> Sites that are centered around supporting the Zope community and do
>> not exist primarily to charge for services or content relating to the
>> site.
>> """
>>
>> What do people think?
>

> I sure don't agree with Chris very often, but in this case I'd like to
> add a resounding...
>
> +1
>
> The whole issue of "Why does commercial site X get free advertising and
> my commercial site Y does not" is scary. Better to avoid it altogether.
>
> jens

+1

I agree with you. This should also be accepted policy for News Items ( i
reject to publish news that contain direct advertising ) and other
documents - there is a detailed explanation on
http://www.zope.org/Help/ "What material is acceptable for Zope.org?"

I could think of a "Zope Exits" page - where entries are collected and
organized by subject and country.

Else i would show links to Zope user groups and maybe mailing lists only.

Michael