[ZWeb] Re: Zope.org alerts and Logging

Andrew Sawyers andrew at zope.com
Wed Aug 25 09:50:11 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>
>>> There are load warning? Where do these go?
>>

>> They go to our SA's at the moment.  It's actually monitoring alerts,
>> which include a variety of checks, including load.
>

> Is there any chance they could go to the zope.org-internal list as well?
> Or maybe the webmaster list?
That's my intention - I think I posted about it there late last week

>>> Where does Squid (if that's what does the master logging) keep its logs?
>>

>> in /var/log/squid -- I think I'll get webalizer running on them.  Do
>> we want them generally available to the world?
>

> I don't really mind who sees them, but I'd worry about people reading
> the webstats swamping the server the stats are run off...
They'd run off the cache server; I don't see how reading stats would
swamp a server - the processing of them would be cron'd.

> If possible, I'd love to see AWStats or something similarly detailed
> running over them. If Webalizer can offer the kind of detail we
> discussed on #zope-web then cool, if not, then I'd suggest AWStats since
> I know (at least a little) about it.
I don't recall the 'details' we discussed - what specifically are the
kind of details you're after?  I glanced at AWStats - it wanted my
Apache info -- we're not running Apache, so I bagged it and processed
all the logs with webalizer yesterday.  I was going to fire up apache so
they were accessible.

>>> Cool, I have a few projects that would also love this. Where can I
>>> find it?
>>>
>> Good question; I'm not sure.  I'll ask him where he put it.
>

> Any joy with this?
Joy?  No.  You might email him - I'm a tad busy at the moment.

> cheers,
>
> Chris

Andrew

--