[ZWeb] Parthian shot

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Aug 25 10:41:41 EDT 2004

I'm about to have my bandwidth for zope.org squeezed flatter than a
year-old toothpaste tube, so I won't be able to hang around for the kind
of flamewar^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hdiscussion which seems to
erupt^H^H^H^H^Hfollow suggestions.  Nonetheless, here are a couple:

   - Move the "News" bit into prominence (the center content well),
     including lead graph.  The news is the most "time critical" and
     interesting content on the front page;  it deserves the focus.

   - Move the training announcements out to the sidebar into an
     "Events" box (under "Products").   Include conferences, etc.
     of more than purely local interest (i.e., not monthly ZUG
     meetings, but stuff like the Plone Conference, OSCON / OSCOM,
     sprints, PyCon, etc.).  Remove the items promptly after their
     event dates.

   - Leave Zope Exits alone until we can write a policy which achieves
     *consensus* among the active maintainers, rather than simple
     majority (in political terms, caucus rather than vote).

Please accept my gratitude for y'all's willingness to labor here for the
community's good.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com