[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 04:43:28 EDT 2004

Mark wrote:
> The problem that I have with Chris' proposed policy is that it focuses
> on excluding when I would argue the focus should be
> on including, recognizing and highlighting unique or very popular Zope
> based solutions or sites.

My policy is SPECIFICALLY for Zope Exits. This list NEEDS to be small
and so exclusion, as you see it, makes sense.

> How about making Zope Exits a content type which allows people to
> categorize their exits similar to what Michael had proposed? Each entry
> has a flag only admins can set propelling them to the "main" Zope Exits.
> The decision for what goes into the main category is made by popular
> vote called for every 6 months or year. If we fix a number like 10 that
> means their should be some rotation and by extension recognition.

Think of the infrastructure needed to support this. I have no problem
with this, but show me the code!
(In all honesty, even better for me would be to let people pick their
own "Zope Exits" and have it as a Bookmark section...)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk