[ZWeb] Front Page & Other Changes

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 04:48:53 EDT 2004

Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> who are interested and willing to do work.  Lurkers should stay away.
> That said, would be nice if some of us had ops on our channels, no?  :)

Tell me how to do it and I'll do it :-)

> I think, while painful to start, we're seeing good progress.  Chris
> likes to act.  Others like to think.  We will find a happy medium I'm
> certain (or we'll send Ken over to England....I warned you he was evil,
> so don't mess with him).

I think the English are harsher than most, so I'd warn him of the fate
of others:

http://www.readingfestival.com/displayPage.asp?ArticleID=1066&URLID=34

...good thing I'm not english ;-)

>> Of course not, my point is that lots of thinking has already been
>> done, and I think the structure of Zope.org is just fine, although a
>> few category pages could be pruned out. I think the main work needs to
>> be removal of cruft and editing and updating of content...
>
> I sort of agree, but also there are people who have stepped up and
> volunteered to do some of the work you don't think needs doing - so let
> them do it.

I am, although I'd much prefer to see them removing the pointless crap
that's been inserted by morons (I'm talking about comments, not the
authors here ;-) into the ZDG and Zope Book...

> Part of the problem was the lists - I've fixed that, so response time is
> actually useful now :)

Are all the messaegs getting to all the subscribers now? ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk