[ZWeb] [VOTE] [Half Way] "Zope Exits" policy

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 05:24:54 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> The following policy for "Zope Exits" has been proposed:
>
> """
> Sites that are centered around supporting the Zope community, are not
> centered on one particular vendor or framework and do not exist
> primarily to charge for services or content relating to the site.
> """

The following people appear to be in favour of this policy:
michael at d2m.at
jens at dataflake.org
chris at simplistix.co.uk
paul at zope-europe.org
ausum_studio at hotmail.com

The following people appear to be against this policy:
erik at mmmanager.org
mark at zopemag.com
joel at joelburton.com
pw_lists at slinkp.com

...so keep the votes coming.

I'd also like to note that it's very easy just to say "I don't like
that". If you're one of the people in the "against" column, I challenge
you to come up with a better policy. If that policy requires
infrastructure, I challenge you to provide the code and hours needed to
support it, and be happy to defend it against all challenges of
unfairness, corruption and even things like hacking. I'm happy to do all
of the above for the policy I've proposed, are you for your proposed
policy, if you've bothered to come up for one?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk