[ZWeb] "Token 'ATOM' required, 'EOF' found" error in zopeorg

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Wed Dec 22 11:09:12 EST 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 4:43 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> This has long been a bugbear of mine. Yes, it is an invalid search
> phrase, but should end users really see exceptions raised because they
> accidentally tried to use a piece of ZCTextIndex functionality that
> they didn't even know existed?

It might be nice to trap this exception, and treat all words as if they
were quoted. So this:
	Zope and

...becomes this:
	"Zope" "and"

And, since we're messing with their search terms, maybe add a brief
note to the results page with examples of proper usage?

   =jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media
http://www.ibang.com/