[ZWeb] Spammer is back ;(

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Dec 27 10:50:01 EST 2004

On Dec 27, 2004, at 16:09, Brian Lloyd wrote:

> The spammer who had been spamming wikis now seems to be
> working the collectors. *sigh*. See:
>
> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1637
>
> I _really_ would hate to restrict collector access (though
> we may have no choice in the short term), so I think we need
> to expedite thinking about some kind of 'sponsored' membership
> change...

That same collector spammer has been there for months. I usually get to
it first and delete the collector entries before anyone gets up in the
US due to the time difference. This is not a new phenomenon.

I personally would not like to put any obstacles in the way of people
who file bug reports, either. It's a tough choice. And any "content
filtering" to try and detect spam content is never going to work well,
either.

How about a compromise where collector entries have to go through a
simple review/publish process like any other content? I wonder how hard
that would be to stitch into that collector.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			+49-(0)441-36 18 14 38
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/