[ZWeb] Spammer is back ;(

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Dec 27 11:27:00 EST 2004

>> How about a compromise where collector entries have to go through a
>> simple review/publish process like any other content? I wonder how
>> hard
>> that would be to stitch into that collector.
>
> Not sure how hard that would be. I'm less concerned if he keeps doing
> this 'by hand', but the pattern with the wikis is that he seemed to
> start off defacing things by hand and then moved on to automated
> scripts, which would be a bigger problem.

I've been wondering about that. Other strategies like "type in the
letters from the picture next to this input box" only work for
automated attacks. Only real review would defend against both. At least
that's the best idea I can think of right now.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			+49-(0)441-36 18 14 38
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/