[ZWeb] System Documentation

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jul 2 10:47:56 EDT 2004

It was decided that we should keep documentaion about the
running of zope.org on zope.org.  I think that this makes sense
for all content-related info and, perhaps, for some systems
info, however, much system information needs to be kept somewhere
else because:

- it needs to be available when the system is down, and

- it may contain information that we don't want to publish
   for security reasons.

Also, despite the fact that we decided to have one list to discuss
zope.org management, I think that there needs to be a list
for discussing aspects of zope.org operations that we don't want to
be public.

I suggest the following:

- I'll create a private repository for folks who have sined the zope.org nda
   at svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/zope.org-system.  We will check
   information about the system configuration and systems-operations procedures
   there.

- I'll create a private mailing list on mail.zope.org for the same purpose.
   Check-in messages from the amove repository.

As long as information isn't sensitive, discussion should stay on
zope-web.  For example, discussions of software issues, features,
etc. should stay there.

If there are no objections, I'll get this started early next week.

Jim