[ZWeb] Are Versions evil?

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Wed Jul 14 20:08:21 EDT 2004

Are Zope Version objects evil? I'm doing a bit of work on the Zope Book
and have stumbled across the section describing Versions (I dont use
them myself). I seem to remember that some people encountered bugs using
Versions and there has even been talk[1] of deprecating[2] them; on the
other hand there isn't much in the way of bug reports about Versions in
the Collector[3].

Has anyone had trouble using Versions recently?

Should I advise against using Versions in the Zope Book?

Thanks,
peter.

[1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2003-June/019731.html
[2] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2004-January/006573.html
[3] #922 describes a critical problem but is seemingly hard to reproduce