[ZWeb] DublinCore Metadata

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Sun Oct 17 14:33:50 EDT 2004

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Btw: i have an RDF version of the metadata summary already in
> preparation and will come up with that asap.

The RDF version is ready now - you can access it from the RDF link on
the bottom of the "Dublin Core" page.

It is a small start: information presented is almost all Dublin Core
elements plus additional Information from the 'dcterms' namespace. But
the basic information is ready to be aggregated and queried by
interested people.

A few things we could do next:

- we could directly support RDF tools with 'autodiscovery' of the RDF
data. This would need a small change to 'main_template' (adding a line
to the HTML head element)

- we could include the recent DOAP schema (doap: description of a
project http://usefulinc.com/doap) to emit information on
SoftwarePackages and SoftwareReleases

- we could add the FOAF schema (foaf: friend of a friend
http://www.foaf-project.org/) and support people to add more information
about themselves than there is already stored with the member accounts

Let me know what you think about it...
Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m