[ZWeb] Zope.org - take 3?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Jan 25 10:49:35 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:10:43AM -0500, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> off zope.org and move it elsewhere?  Zope wikis, zope book, software
> projects, tips, ad naseum.

I can't speak for any of those except the one I've been involved
with - the zope book. Chris M. decided to start it on plope.com
for two reasons:  1) zope.org at that point was really unusably
slow, and had been for some time. You just could not get anything
done.
2) alpha-testing some modifications to the Backtalk product.

Actually IIRC, #2 was an afterthought.

> I proposed nearly two years ago internally
> that we should make zope.org nothing more then the software and
> documentaiton site for Zope the product.  Focus small and concise - and
> doing that sole job well.  Everything else we should support and link to
> off site where people are more willing and capable of supporting the
> various tasks.  I would say, ala php.net
> I still think this is the best idea, especially with the resources and
> continued condition of zope.org maintainers.

What is there currently on zope.org that doesn't fall under "software and
documentation"?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com