[ZWeb] Zope.org - take 3?

Mark Pratt mark at zopemag.com
Tue Jan 25 12:03:00 EST 2005

Hi Michael,

First of all: great freaking site! Going into my daily to read
bookmarks.

On Jan 25, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Mark Pratt wrote:
>> It is likely that sites like zopelabs, zopewiki, plope.org,
>> opensourcexperts.com will innovate faster than zope.org with a
>> centralized approach. But whatever form zope.org takes on the future
>> it is vital that zope.org points (links) to and integrates things
>> like feeds from these sites.
>
> This is exactly what http://planetzope.org is about.

Feeds -- yes. But I think zope.org shouldn't just be a collection of
feeds but also point out give an overview of resources that are
avialable in the community. I also think that News items should be much
more structured into things like Events (see the zope-web archives) for
ZUG meetings, training.

> Feel free to syndicate it at
> http://planetzope.org/ZopeNews/feed_rss.xml

I have checked it out a couple of times but I think you are missing a
feed for example to our Job Board :-)
Unfortunately their are no Plone, Zope, CPS, bounties but that could be
interesting as well in the future (to grab that feed).
Let us know if you need anything customized.

We have several things on our todo list including a few portlets for
sites to check out in each category. And to load in other sites feeds.
When we have that stuff ready we will.

Cheers,

Mark