[ZWeb] Re: website design discussion

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Aug 28 11:44:21 EDT 2006

Hey,

Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

> - What content do we need and where should it go.

I'm working on the content itself, so no need to concern yourself too
much with this during the design phase, except where it's needed to
flesh out the design aspects, of course. As I already mentioned, I think
a top-level navigation with left sidebar for subnavigation would be nice
to see (though what you have works too). Also nice for content is the
ability to easily include one or more blue boxes on the right sidebar.

> - Suggestions for better functionality (like the title bars of a table
> should be clickable to rank items by that criteria).

Don't think we need such functionality yet, but I'll keep my eye out for it.

> - This page blows up in my browser or the nav doesnt work.

Right, the left menu doesn't quite work in Firefox 1.5 on linux.

> - Suggestions for homepage content (News and updates RSS Feeds,
> Testmonials...).

We're first looking into the foundation homepage. I've just written some
text for it. We'll have news on it too, so a RSS/Atom feed button might
be nice.

These questions are of course important for the zope.org homepage proper.

> - Editing of text if some information is too wordy or confusing.

Where'd you get the text from? I wasn't sure whether you were writing
text too. :)

[snip]
> Im trying to avoid design by committee.

No worries, I've unilaterally declared myself the single point you need
to talk to about this layout. I can do this as I represent the Zope
Foundation board and am authorized to make decisions. (and because
Aroldo, my board partner on zope-web, will hopefully let me get away
with it. :)

Regards,

Martijn