[ZWeb] zope web status report 2006-02-06

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Tue Feb 7 09:33:55 EST 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> In order to get some sense of progress, here I'l list a status report of
> what we've been up to. Most importantly I will list some stuff we need
> to do. Since I've been busy I'm probably out of the loop on some stuff,
> so please post your bits in this thread.
>
> Decisions
> ----------
>
> * are we going to do a newsletter or not? I worry about having it be up
> to date, but if we get some volunteers I'm not against it. If this turns
> out to be hard, then we'd better focus on the website, not a newsletter,
> as this gives us far more marketing pay-off. (zope.org is currently
> anti-marketing zope)

I'm preparing to run a zope newsletter from the planetzope.org site. If
needed it could be (re)integrated with the new zopeweb at any time.

> Volunteers
> ----------
>
> * we need start collecting Zope 3 documentation we can put online. We
> need to mine what's there online right now, approach the creators with a
> proposal for a new home (we could even have a mockup of it all in the
> grand new design, see next point), and process the documents so we can
> include it.

I have created http://del.icio.us/zope3 to collect bookmarks of
zope3 docs, tutorials and packages/applications.

I'd like to share that account with interested persons
(contact: michael at d2m.at)

> It's been very quiet on this list lately, and we need more noise. :)

I'm almost always on ;)

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m