[ZWeb] Zope 3 Website

Peter Simmons pete-lists at bcmpweb.com
Thu Feb 16 17:04:52 EST 2006

Hi Andrew,

Cheers. That does sound like a good idea I have been wondering about
creating more content for our site and might do that also :-) Thanks to
Christian T also for the idea in the first place.

Do you help keep zope.org up to date? (forgive my ignorance in this area)

I am really keen to spend the money on some nice design (for logo,
colors, brand guidelines) and marketing efforts for Zope 3. I truly do
believe that with a little effort we can make the entry point much
better. I know from experience that have the plone.org site (the front
page and demos are the main contribution really) it helps people
understand what they are getting into when they start using plone. I
think we could do the same for Zope 3.

The items

1) What is Zope 3?
2) Why use Zope 3?
3) How does Zope 3 compare to competing frameworks?
4) How do I get started?

Cover it I think. I am pretty keen to keep the aim/goal fairly simple to begin with to ensure we get something up and running. Then I believe we need to keep reinvesting to keep current with what is going on just on these basic items. We should really only expand if these are completely up to date and we have spare resource.

Cheers,
Pete