[ZWeb] me too. so what to do ?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Mar 1 19:17:42 EST 2006

On 2 Mar 2006, at 00:10, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>> 2) Could we get support from others in the Zope community for
>>> infrastructure _not_ related to Plone?
>>
>> I'm one of the people with a login, and I'm willing to support
>> anything up to and including CMF.
>
> Again - if people were a bit more proud of zope.org, I'm sure
> they'd be more
> inclined to fix it. At the moment, it's given that it's an
> embarassment, so
> no-one cares if it goes from bad to slightly worse.

IMHO this is the whole "supported by the people who have to deal with
it every day" point, just worded differently. And a dose of
resignation, "nothing will change, anyway".

There are some initiatives underway already, including a Z3-based
initiative, but no unified voice. There is no single person charged
with driving a new zope.org, someone in a position to make binding
decisions. Maybe that's why these discussions tend to fade away?

jens