[ZWeb] Zope 2 web site

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Mar 2 05:41:29 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:

>Chris Withers <chris <at> simplistix.co.uk> writes:
>

>>Yup, you've hit the nail on the head. But, Plone has proved itself to
>>require more maintenance than its predecessor.
>>

>You mean Plone has, or the way that Plone was put in place has?

The funny thing is that Plone is absolutely beautifull for making a
comunity based site. Using Plone and a few existing products would be
all that was needed imho to have a vibrant zope.org.

Personally I loved the old zope.org, where you had your own area that
you could just go wild in.

I know that the problem is people using the site for uploading warez and
pron, but as it works now where every little piece of content has to be
approved just sucks. Releasing something, and then finding that you
forgot to submit a picture used in it, is ... like ... argh.

It could probably be solved better by having two types of members
'Member' and 'TrustedMember', where the Member would need to submit
their stuff, but trusted member could do as in the olden days and make
content visible themself.

While still keeping published content as the only visible thing on the
official part of the site.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/