[ZWeb] making planet.zope.org be planet.zope.org

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Oct 9 09:59:39 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I believe with our recent DNS adjustments we *might* be able to make
planet.zope.org in fact *be* planet.zope.org, and not just a redirect to
www.zope.org/Planet.

What steps would need to be taken to make this possible? By itself not
an interesting task, but it's a good test case if we want to expose
other things like, say, wiki.zope.org or trac.zope.org in the future.

(note that I still don't seem to have any volunteers who *actually* have
access to the zope.org apache. This means signing a special ZC agreement
that's not the contributor's agreement for entering their hosting
environment. All this is temporary as we continue to look for ways to
move gradually off that brittle setup)

Regards,

Martijn