[ZWeb] the wikis is evil discussion

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Oct 10 06:52:17 EDT 2006

Hey,

Okay, Fred accidentally sparked something there. Let's all calm down
first. Thanks. :)

This is what we're going to do:

* zope.org is going to be evolved using the microsites approach.

* we're also look into getting some simple stuff done on zope.org. While
we will try touching zope.org's software as much as possible, we *will*
have to evolve it forward somewhat even if only to move functionality
*off* zope.org.

* we are going to move parts of zope.org onto a new server that is not
managed by ZC, removing ZC as a bottleneck. This *is* going to happen.
I'm working on this.

Concerning the management structure of all this, it's pretty simple:
volunteers concerning zope.org answer to me, unless I delegate the job.
That includes Jim, so if Jim and Sidnei are going to work on something
at 4 am in the night or whatever, they should come to me first and tell
me what they want to do.

We got into a pattern of blaming and defensiveness, and all kinds of old
  discussions flare up. I understand why, but that's counterproductive.
Let's forget about the old and focus on the new, people. We're all
flawed, human people of brainpower and good will and we can do this.

Regards,

Martijn