[ZWeb] wiki skin

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Tue Oct 31 06:05:51 EST 2006

Hi,

I did a spot of work on the new Z3 wiki skin while at the Plone
sprint in Seattle this weekend. I pulled ratingform.pt and
RecentChanges.dtml into the Z3 wiki so that I could make the skin
more XHTML compliant.

There are some Z3 hard-coded bits in the skin, such as the Zope.org
and Z3 dev wiki home links. If Simon wants to make the skin a little
more generic that's OK by me.

For the Zope 2 wiki if we want to keep the big Zope planet skin I'm
also fine with that.  I would recommend adding something like line-
height: 1.3em; to the body tag in the CSS file as some of the text
tends to get crunched up a bit on the wiki.

I may still do a little more skin work on the Z3 skin, it would be
nice to skin the comments section, but that looks like it would
require writting a fair bit of code.

I'm now +1 on removing the ratings from the Z3 skin. While I like the
look of the stars, the ratings themselves to be rather confusing. Is
a user rating the editorial quality of the content or the technical
ideas behind the content? Finally ratings on pages with proposals are
even more confusing as there the ratings could be taken to mean as
votes for the direction of Zope 3.

- Kevin