[ZWeb] Re: the maintenance of change logs

Andrew Sawyers andrew at sawdog.com
Mon Sep 25 10:10:13 EDT 2006

On 9/25/06 10:04 AM, "Lennart Regebro" <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/25/06, Andrew Sawyers <andrew at sawdog.com> wrote:
>> There's a lot more to it then LDAP.  LDAP doesn't make it hard
>
> For me it does. That's why I said "somebody that knows it better than me". :-)
>
>> Regardless, it's always subjective - and it's not that hard.  :)
>
> "Not that hard" sounds like a reasonable compromise. :-)
> Now, when we agree that this is "not that hard" do we think we should do it?
Not sure, what's the goal?  :)

The reason it should be done, would be to improve the underlying hardware.
The other reason would be so that the community can manage all aspects of
it's setup.  If it's still like it was, then parts of the architecture are
not going to be accessible by anyone in the community.  If I were doing it,
I would put as little effort into the existing setup as possible and all
effort into where it's going.

> Personally, I don't care where www.zope.org is currently located, and
> I also think we should replace it part by part with microsites, like
> wiki.zope.org, bugs.zope.org, news.zope.org, products.zope.org and so
> on, until www.zope.org gets useless, and we can move it to
> old.zope.org and replace it with a new snazzy front-page, linking to
> all the other sites.
That's easily done with rewrite rules at the cache.

Andrew