[ZWeb] Re: wiki.zope.org outage

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 15 16:03:46 EST 2007

On Feb 15, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> '(cApp.ApplicationManager\nApplicationManager\nq\x$
>
> Jim, thanks for the tips. I'm sorry, I see now the above was
> truncated. For the record a more complete error is below.
>
> fstest.py reported no problems and today I found ZODB/fsrecover.py
> (not in SOFTWARE_HOME/bin), which processed the whole zodb with "0
> bytes removed during recovery".

Note that both of these analyze the database structure but not the
pickle contents.  It would be nice to have a tool that also analyzed
the pickles.

> I tried a backup today. I could swear it showed the same problem,
> and I got it to go away removing var/{pts,LatexWiki}/* and Products/
> *, but I can't reproduce either of these; anyway, the long and
> short of it is the server is back up and running, and any changes
> since 2007/02/14 04:19 MST will have to be redone.

Did you try the .old file left by the pack?

> Thanks all. My next two projects are to export to a fresh zodb to
> reduce the size, and to upgrade to 2.10.x.

The pack should work.  I'd be very surprised if the problem was
caused by the pack.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org