[ZWeb] Re: zope.org - serious caching issues

David Lawson david at zope.com
Mon May 21 16:42:33 EDT 2007

<snip>

> It looks to me like the cache tier has been changed; IIRC zope.org was
> not in the cache tier I setup for Managed Hosting....and didn't
> have (at
> least) 4 cache servers in it's request flow.

Yes.  The cache tier has changed significantly, but the basic
configuration is still the same.

<snip>
> It's been a long time, but IIRC we got rid of all caching for zope.org
> where a cache header wasn't explicitly being set.

This is still the case.  There's a refresh-pattern in place for the
entirety of *.zope.org that should allow nothing without some sub-set
of the proper cache control headers to be set.  A valid subset would
be at least a Last-Modified and either an Expires or a Cache-Control:
max-age.  Neither of these appear to be set, so that refresh pattern
should be in effect.

> Was the cache servers changed around?  IIRC the zope.org tier only
> had 2
> measly caches....and if they changed, I bet the rules where not
> changed
> along with the cache servers.

It has, but mostly only in layout and some streamlining of the
configuration.  The basic rules you established are still in place,
since we assumed you had good reasons for them.  I haven't been
following this discussion terribly closely, but I'll take a closer
look at things this evening.

--Dave
Systems Administrator
Zope Corp.