[ZWeb] zope.org migration

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Jun 15 07:04:37 EDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 02:10 , Andreas Jung wrote:

> There is also a weird issue with the caching. I am logged in as
> manager and can access all edit features for the 2.11.0 release.
> Then when switching to an older release package in order for copying
> over a newsitem as template, Ihave no options available and treated
> as anonymous...reloading does not help :->

I have a feeling both this and your earlier issue may be one and the
same (caching-related). The caching tier was (and remains) a shared
service set up by the Zope Corp admins and we have no access to it. I
bet it's set up to ignore forced reloads. This may be necessary to
guarantee good service performance. IMHO seeing some caching-related
issues in exchange for enjoying a redundantly configured caching tier
is a good tradeoff for the current site.

How this all will play with the new zope.org site isn't fully hashed
out yet.

jens