[ZWeb] zope.org migration

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Jun 15 07:16:52 EDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 06:09 , Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 15. Juni 2008 06:04:37 -0500 Jens Vagelpohl
> <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>
>> IMHO seeing some caching-related issues in exchange
>> for enjoying a redundantly configured caching tier is a good
>> tradeoff for
>> the current site.
>
> The current caching makes it impossible to edit anything on zope.org
> in a reasonable way.

I have always been able to work with it using force-reload where
necessary, using Camino or Firefox. I know some other browsers like
Safari don't seem to be able to send a real force-reload, so I gave up
on those for zope.org editing work. I have to admit I have not done
any editing work after this move, but I have been able to log in and
get to folder content views etc with all logged-in options intact and
visible.

If you are using a suitable browser that can issue "real" forced
reloads and you still see a problem let us know, David (or some other
ZC SA) will have to look into it then.

jens