[ZWeb] svn server broken

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Nov 10 02:36:53 EST 2008

Hi there,

Before noticing svn.zope.org was down, I noticed that buildouts seem
to be failing/hanging somewhere in httplib. I now suspect this is
possibly because various setup.py's have a 'url' entry that references
svn.zope.org and setuptools might go off and try to read it, resulting
in a hang of the buildout process.

If it's possible to make http://svn.zope.org do a clear "sorry, i'm
not here" instead of the current behavior where the browser is
spinning when you try to access it, that might help. If this is too
distracting currently, please ignore this message - I'm not even sure
whether this fixes my issues.

Regards,

Martijn