[ZWeb] Instance problems

David Lawson david at zope.com
Wed Oct 1 06:57:46 EDT 2008

We got a page on cache problems relating to the zope.org site earlier
this morning, I spent some time investigating and initially suspected
a badly behaved spider from 61.230.26.210 was just slamming the
servers and making them unhappy, so I dropped that IP at the firewall,
but the problem has continued for the most part, and I'm not familiar
enough with the ZO software to diagnose it further.  At the moment,
one instance is up and serving relatively well, the other three,
everything on app2.zope.org and instance2 on app1.zope.org are hung on
connections.  I have found this error in the logs a few times, but
honestly have no idea what it's refering to:
2008-10-01T06:54:31 PROBLEM(100) AutoLance AutoLance memchecker died
Traceback (innermost last):
   File /home/zope/zope.org/var/app1/Products/AutoLance/__init__.py,
line 269, in run
   File /home/zope/zope.org/var/app1/Products/AutoLance/linuxproc.py,
line 190, in self_statm
   File /home/zope/zope.org/var/app1/Products/AutoLance/linuxproc.py,
line 253, in get_dict
TypeError: unsubscriptable object

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, if there's anything we can do, let
us know, I'll probably be unavailable, but Jim knows where to find a
Zope Corp SA.

--Dave
Systems Administrator
Zope Corp.