[ZWeb] new.zope.org still in the works?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Feb 26 06:22:51 EST 2009

Hi there,

new.zope.org is dead for two reasons:

* it seemed to be big a project to get enough volunteer content. I
hope that microsites will avoid this problem.

* there were issues with the design, the legal terms surrounding the
design, the responsiveness of the designer and the implementation of
the design.

As a result, the zope foundation board decided to give up on this issue.

If you want to help out get a zope 2 site set up, perhaps modelled
after grok.zope.org (where we combine a Plone 3 site with sphinx), by
all means contribute! Or any other micro-site that strikes your fancy:
zodb.zope.org, for instance.

It looks like we still need to do something sane with providing a
design that isn't encumbered as the new.zope.org design was.

Regards,

Martijn