[Zope] - Yet another stupid question: image folders

Kent Polk kent@eaenki.nde.swri.edu
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:55:19

Hi Christopher (Christopher G. Petrilli), in <19981207162136.27260@amber.org> on Dec 7 you wrote:

> So I was sitting and breaking things last night (between the shower
> thoughts on FTp access, etc), and tried what seemed obvious to me, which
> is probably totally wrong given my inexperience with BoboPOS, but...
>
> What I want to be able to do is have a folder that contains images as a
> subfolder to my current folder.  Now I know I can reference them, no
> problem: <!--#var "images.logo"-->  but that doesn't give the right SRC=
> line in the IMG directive.  Now I sat and thought about this, but I'm
> just not sure how an image is supposed to find itself in the hierarchy
> so it can publish the right URL to find itself.

<!--#var "images.logo"--> calls images.logo and attempts to insert the
return result into the page. Simply do it like a normal html img src,
without the dtml var.

> A simple solution would be for it to find itself and publish an absolute
> location, rather than relative (as it currently does), but that means it
> has to know wher eti is...

It can be relative or absolute, just as with a normal html document.
Maybe I'm missing the point...

> Should I stop beating myself over the head yet?

Yes, and help me write the Multi-Part Document Product, part of which
was intended to help solve associated problems (and a shot at anchor
cross-referencing in general also. :^)

Kent.