[Zope] - NetScape Publishing - error 501 not supported

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:47:02 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, David Warman wrote:

> Using the built-in server on port 8080, Python 1.5.1, NetScape Communicator 4.5, RHL Linux 5.1
> When I Publish from Composer (on my Windows 98 machine), I get error 501: server does not support this operation, and the operation
> named is "do_PUT". NetScape does not have an option
> to change this operation name to "PUT"

I'm using about the same setup (except I'm publishing from a Linux
machine) and can reproduce the problem. ZopeHTTPServer is based on the
standard Python BaseHTTPServer/SimpleHTTPServer classes, which implement
HTTP function x as do_x. I.e., when it receives a GET, it tries to execute
a do_GET method. In this case, it's getting a PUT, trying a do_PUT, and
failing, since do_PUT isn't defeined. And it seems like it should be
defined. Amos is listed as the author...

--
Andy Dustman                    You should always say "spam" and "eggs"
ComStar Communications Corp.                 instead of "foo" and "bar"