[Zope] - Installation problem

Vanroose Wim vanroose@ruca.ua.ac.be
8 Dec 1998 09:04:03 -0000

I did the same and the problem is discussed here all ready several times

When you installed python with rpm -i
there is'nt a file /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile
that is needed in the makefile

> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile', needed by `sedscript'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/Zope-1.9b1-src/lib/python'

I used a SRPMS version of python en recompiled it
there is a 1.5.1 version on the second disk of the redhat 5.2 distribution.

The next problem is that you have to recompile
Apache to include the mod_rewrite module

if you do /usr/sbin/httpd -l
you get a list of modules that are present

But my problem is now the same as one of the first messages by Michael Grinder : Apache + Zope

When I try to log on  When I use the passwd set in the access file.
I always get login failed.

Can somebody give more explanation on the

RewriteRule in the Httpd.conf file?????

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/?start=244