[Zope] - cDocumentTemplate & Bobo

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 13:51:45 +0000

Amos Latteier wrote:

> At 05:47 PM 12/4/98 -0800, John Eikenberry wrote:
>
> >To use cDocumentTemplate with Bobo, would it just be a matter of replacing
> >the regular DocumentTemplate package (w/o cDT) with the contents of the DT
> >directory that comes with Zope? I already have it in place, and it seems
> >to work fine... I just wanted to ask to make sure I wouldn't run across
> >some unexpected snags.
>
> I don't believe you should have any problems. In general you can pull your
> old favorite packages from Zope and use them like you used to use Bobo
> packages. We will probably make this more convenient by releasing some
> components like DocumentTemplate separately, so you don't have to download
> the whole thing to get just one package.
>
> I'm not caught up on all the changes in various packages, but I'll hazard
> this:
>
> DocumentTemplate and BoboPOS are essentially similar to the last Bobo
> versions of these packages, only the Zope ones contain optional parts in c.

This is essentially correct.  Note that to use the C extensions,
you also need ExtensionClass on which they are based.

Also, the Zope BoboPOS has an additional module, TJar that implements
long-running transactions, which are the basis of Zope sessions.
(Don't look too closely at this.  It, like the rest of BoboPOS 2,
 is pretty crufty. Look for a major cleanup in Z Object Database,
 formally known as BoboPOS3. :)

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.