[Zope] - How do I publish this object?

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:47:02 -0800

At 06:56 PM 12/8/98 -0500, Paul wrote:

>As mentioned by Amos, External Methods are a simple way to plug
>functions into the object system.  You still, though, have to "add" the
>External Method to the folder you want to bind them to.
>
>Perhaps, though, there should be a slot for doing old-style Bobo
>programming.  For instance, we could have a special top-level directory
>called "/Bobo".  Anything modules placed in that directory can be
>old-style Bobo applications, whose functions are automatically bound to
>the top-level folder.
>
>Thus, creating a module /Bobo/Skip.py:
>=========================
>"""Simple Hello World"""
>
>def hello(self,name):
>  """self is bound to top level folder"""
>  return '<P>Hello, %s' % name
>=========================
>
>Automatically makes the URL /hello?name=Skip functional.
>
>Perhaps the Control Panel could have a folder containing all imported
>modules that lets you reload them.

How about a Bobo Product that allows you to add a Bobo module from any
place in the filesystem to anywhere in your Zope hierarchy. This is much
more flexible and would provide you with a marker that your external code
was in the Zope namespace. Call it "External Module"

Very easy to write, I bet. If no one has written this by this week end,
I'll do it!

-Amos