[Zope] - Fwd: RE: [Zope] - first install, first connect

Dave Goodrich DAve@mail.netraven.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:17:05 -0800

Subject: RE: [Zope] - first install, first connect
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:53:36 -0800
From: Dave Goodrich <DAve@mail.netraven.com>

Yes I did.  I'm Linux new here and my first time with Zope, I've spent the
last several years with Frontier, so I understand the concepts well enough.
Here is what I did.

Installed Zope with no errors.
in bash# I su to root, enter password
in bash# I cd to the zope directory
in bash# I enter "sh server.sh" at the prompt

the server starts up, I go to Netscape and enter the url correctly,
"http://coleman:8080/manage"

netscape says "document contains no data"

I'm running Slackware 3.6 and Python 1.5.1, the included Python goodies
compiled fine during the Zope install, xterm showed no error messages.

Any thoughts?

DAve.

On Tue, 08 Dec 1998, Jeff Bauer scratched: