[Zope] - Advantages of Folders

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:10:00 -0800 (PST)

Well, after several hours of reading various peoples source code,
writting some really stupid products, and drinking way to much coffe. I
think I have a pretty good understanding of the Zope basics. (Is it
obvious I just broke up with my girl friend or what?)

I need to make a collection object. I was planning on inhereting from a
folder for this purpose, but I wanted to limit what kinds of objects can
be added to this folder. What are the advantages of inheriting from
a folder versuses  rolling my own collection. I want to try to make my app
as consistent to the Zope way of managing things as possible, so I would
like to support cutting,pasting, deleteing, roles, etc... My concern is,
if I inherit from the Folder and remove the methods to add other objects
other than the ones I define is there something that I might be missing
that might introduce another object into the folder without my knowledge?

 -Scott Robertson
CodeIt Computing