[Zope] - first install, first connect

Mitch Chapman mchapman@OEE.com
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 15:42:54 -0500

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Dave Goodrich wrote:
> >
> > The server log shows the following errors.
> > [...]
> >
> > Publishing module Main
> > Serving HTTP on port 8080 ...
> > Exception happened during processing of request from ('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, 2194)
> > -------------------------------------er.py", line 295, in publish_module
> >   File "/home/dad/dadstuff/Zope-1.9b1-src/ZopeHTTPServer/ZopeHTTPServer.py", line 321, in get_environment
> >   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/SimpleHTTPServer.py", line 87, in translate_path
> >     path = os.getcwd()
> > error: (13, 'Permission denied')
>
> For some reason os.getcwd is failing.
>
> Can anyone think of a reason why os.getcwd would fail?

Sorry, I'm not running Linux on my PC at the moment.  But under Solaris:

ERRORS
     getcwd() will fail if one or more of the following are true:

     EACCES      A parent directory cannot be  read  to  get  its
                 name.

Mitch Chapman			  |	4105 Executive Drive
Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.	  |	Beavercreek, OH  45430
mchapman@oee.com		  |	import StandardDisclaimer