[Zope] - Note to anyone using an older BoboPOS with Zope

Michel Pelletier mike@icebox.dlogue.net
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 20:44:11 -0600 (CST)

Well, if anyone was curious I found the problem that was causing my application
object to disapear.  Acutally Skip, your the one who posted this problem that
made me figure it out (with a big DUH!)

In the near past before Zope I tried out BoboPOS, but instead of reading the
package docs and figuring that out I just dumped all the files into my
/lib/python1.5/ dir.  Now, when my programs import the Persistent class the
*old* way (the new way way, of course, for me to discover later)

import Persistence

it loaded the old Persistence class, instead of the *new* one which is properly
loaded

import BoboPOS.Persistence

this is why I was getting __class__ name errors in the TJar.py component.
Obviously the older objects don't work with the new long running transactions
that TJar gives us.

This is a subtle error, if your custom objects give the above error, you are
using an old version of the Persistence.Persistent class with the new version of
the POS.  Is there a way this can be made to fail quite obviously?

Michel