[Zope] - Re: Zope Binary Porting Kit

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@Digicool.com
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:16:52 -0500

Jim Fulton wrote:

> This week we want to start providing binary releases of Zope
> that make running Zope a bit simpler for people who:
>
>   - Don't have Python,
>   - Have a Python that doesn't work with Zope,
>   - Don't have a C compiler, or
>   - Don't want to figure out how to deal with build problems.
>
> To make this happen, we're looking for volunteers to help us
> build the binary files for various versions of Unix.  I've put
> together a binary porting kit to make this as easy as I can.  The kit
> can be found at:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Download/ZKit/zkit-1.9.0k1.tgz
>
> Basically, all you have to do is extract this and
> run a script.  If all goes well, everything is automagic.
> If not, well...let me know and we'll see if we can figure
> it out. :)
>
> When everything is built, just tar up the release again
> and send it back to me.
>
> Note that we already have or can readily create binaries for
> Linux 2 (glibc), Solarus 2.6 on Sparc and Intel, and Win 32
> on Intel.

We found a bug in the build script in the porting  kit.
I've put a new version of the kit at:

  http://www.zope.org/Download/ZKit/zkit-1.9.0k2.tgz

If anyone has already downloaded the kit, let me know
and I'll send you a new build script so you don't need to
download the entire kit.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.