[Zope] - Problems with Apache/authorization...

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:15:52 -0600

Magnus Lie Hetland writes:
> I am trying to install Zope with pcgi, and have managed to
> make the rewriting trick in the installation guide work to
> the point that I can get the main page up (through a rewritten
> URL), but it seems that Apache won't give it the proper
> Authorization header... At least, authorization fails,
> and if i click cancel, then it complains that there was
> no Authorization header... Any common solutions to this
> sort of problem? (I know there exists a patch to apache
> that makes this sort of thing unnecessary, but...)

A version of Zope will be released on Friday that includes
it's own Apache.  It may be a good starting point for you.

Other possibilities:

  - Upgrade your Apache if it isn't recent (not always possible)
  - Check to make sure mod_rewrite is compiled in:  httpd -l
  - Try using RewriteLog with loglevel 9 and see what it says.
  - Remember to check the apache access and error logs.

Regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.