[Zope] - PUT method unavailable?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@ag.or.at
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:31:36 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, John van der Koijk wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> First, let me say that I was completely flabbergasted when I
> downloaded Zope and got it compiled and running out-of-the-box within
> 10 minutes, without any tweaking. Chapeau!
>
> (Debian 2.0, Linux 2.0.29, Python 1.5, Zope-1.9b1-src.tar.gz)
>
> There are three thing which confuse me right now:
>
> 1.  I am unable to use the PUT method as advertised: Netscape complains
>     it gets a message indacating that do_PUT is unsupported?
>     (running serve.sh).  Part of serve.log:
>
> x.x.x.x - - [10/Dec/1998 18:21:48] code 501, message Unsupported method
> ('do_PUT')
> x.x.x.x - - [10/Dec/1998 18:21:48] "PUT /BlauweHomepage/projecten.html H
> TTP/1.0" 501 -
ZopeHTTPServer as currently released does not support PUT methods :(
I've patched BoboHTTPServer to support PUTs, but then BoboHTTPServer
doesn't support Zope *g*, but Amos said he will add my patch to next
release of ZopeHTTPServer :)

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by