[Zope] - Zope, Win95, File Output

Ronald Offerman ron@bofh-power.gjt-it.nl
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:05:41 +0100

> Hi, I recently found Zope, and it looks very very useful.  I have a few quick questions though..
>
> I maintain a few different websites through work for various companies.  Each of these sites have a few things that are very database oriented, though are updated about twice per month.  Zope looks absolutely perfect for the design of it, though we have the problem of the ISP we are running the pages on probably wouldn't install Zope, and it's unfeasable to switch.
>
> My question boils down to this: Is there an easy way (accessing in python or whichever) to use Zope to generate the output HTML files instead of only through the webserver?
I am looking for the opposite: does anybody know of a simple way to have Zope
suck up an existing site? I am importing one of our websites by hand but it is
a big pain in the ...
An extra problem is we make have use of Apache SSI.(SSI2DTML anybody????)

> We also use Frontpage 98 to do most of the editing, and if Zope can be accessed easily enough to do this I'll be itching to design  FrontPage Components to make use of it.
FP is bad, it creates huge html files (mainly because 'web-designers' like to
play with fonts) and uses all kinds of 'webbots' being proprietary extensions
only available in binaries. I personaly would love a FP-clean.py script.
--
<- Ronald Offerman | ron@gjt-it.nl
<- Root Powered Carrot Munchers Ltd. Inc. SA AG BV

"Daddy, why do those people have to use Microsoft Windows?"
"Don't stare, son; it's not polite."
"M$ Windows NT, an accident waiting to happen"
"What goes up, must come down. Ask any system administrator."